Guide to Choose The Best Spray Glue
Choosing the best spray adhesive enables you to do a perfect project. It is the information you need to find that perfect spray glue.
Spray glue is the last option when tired of using the ordinary glue gun. It works multiple times better than the average glue gun; therefore, it is more capable of sticking things together without getting any disappointment at the result. The typical hot glue gun works by heating up the glue stick to producing melting hot glue which is used to hold things together. However, a common problem with the weapon is that the heating system sometimes does not work and the glue stick stays as it is—not melting properly. When this happens, it is a sign to switch to these adhesive sprays. Here below are some of many good products of multi-purpose spray adhesive products. Each of them presented with its plus and minus. The final decision of choosing which spray gun works better lays solely on your hands. Here we go!
What to Look for in the Best Spray Glue for Any use
When buying an adhesive spray, you need to pay attention to several things. These are the factors that you should consider when choosing spray adhesive. There are four factors: consistency of the spray line, the surface type, the size and the residue as the aftermath of using the adhesive spray gun.
- Consistency: Have you ever experienced a spray adhesive disaster? Sometimes a spray glue gun does not work properly and leave you with a lot of oversprays. Having a consistent straight line while spraying means that the spray adhesive delivers a consistent amount of glue. It will not leave you with overspray and mess around the sides so that any project you are going smoothly.
- Surface type: Perhaps another thing to look for in a spray adhesive is the surface type. Not every spray works well with surfaces. For example, Locktite from local hardware store may not provide your desired result when you use it on your carpet. Some of the wrong spray product will peel off directly after drying. It is surely not the result you want, right? Find a spray adhesive that will work perfectly with the type of surface you are going to work on it.
- Size: Before using a spray adhesive, you already know the size you are going to work on it. To secure the working area and to avoid over spraying, the first rule is to never spray near anything machinery. It is straightforward for the spray to get inside your machine and the residue will be most likely to cause damage to your device, which is something you don’t want. Therefore, knowing your surface area by securing the workroom.
- Residue: It is a fact undeniable that any brand of spray adhesive always leave the residue, whether it is hard or easy to clean up. When you see residue builds up on your tools or around the project, you are working on, immediately clean it up using a clean dishcloth which has been submerging into water or soap. However, when the residue gets piled up, you need to use cleaning chemicals for a cleaner and a better result. Wipe the residue using the wet fabric and then rinse the cloth to avoid the chemical stays in it. We think you don’t want to sniff chemical from the fabric accidentally.
Best Spray Glue 2019
Scotch Super 77 Multipurpose Adhesive Spray, Bonds to fabric, cardboard, plastic, metal, wood, felt, and more, 10.7 Ounces (7716)
The first recommended spray glue is Scotch’s 3M Super 77 Adhesive Spray with Multipurpose. The shower is famous for its excellence. That is why many customers are satisfied with how it works and not hesitant to come back for the products of Scotch. The 3M Super 77 can dry fast. Even though it is a fast-drying product, it bonds lightweight materials strongly. It can work with many types of material such as paper, cardboard, fabric, cushion foam, plastic, metal, and wood. According to many excellence results, the product is given 4.3 stars out of 5.
Moving on to the next item, we have the 4.23 Ounce Temporary Spray Adhesive by Sulky. The highlight of the product is that it made of non-toxic materials. If other sprays have strong smells, this Sulky product is an odorless spray. It lasts for two until five days. Commonly, spray adhesive leaves the stain, but the Sulky 4.23 Ounce Temporary Spray Adhesive does not stain the needle. It stays clear. Another highlight from the product is that it is repositionable. These are the features of this product that most customers love:
- Non-flammable ingredients which means that it is safer than the extremely flammable products. Also, this is very safe for kids to use.
- Non-toxic which means that there will not be any harm if in case you swallow it.
- Odorless, this means that your lungs are free to continue breathing without harsh chemical smells.
- It does not stain the fabric. Many products leave the stain on the fabric which sometimes very hard to come off. This product offers a better opportunity for you to have clean surface even after it done.
- One bottle lasts for about 3-4 months. If you are following the right procedure of using the spray adhesive product, you will save up to 14$ per month until you need to buy another one.
The next is the Easy Tack Repositionable Adhesive Spray from Krylon. The product has got 4.5 stars out of 5 in the customer reviews section for its amazing features. This spray glue gun is guaranteed to have the most recommended qualities that most people need. The first quality of this spray adhesive product is the easiness of its tack repositionable adhesive which causes no wrinkle.Although it still has the odor, the odor considered as small, so your lungs still can breathe like usual because it does not produce a harsh chemical smell. Moreover, the product works great on lightweight materials like paper, fabric, photos, foam and even glitter. That is why sometimes people call it the spray glue for paper!
The next item comes from ELMER’S, a longstanding company who holds on to its strong commitment to keeping producing excellent products suitable for customers’ needs. The product is named Elmers Multi-purpose Spray Adhesive. It is a 4-ounce product with several highlights that become the core elements on its popularity among customers. These are the features of the product:
- When we talk about the type, the spray is a spray mounting adhesive, so it is appropriate for the variety of surfaces.
- It does not take too much time to dry and clear, for example on items like plastics, photos, fabrics, metal, wood and more. The spray has been designed carefully to match mounting items.
- The spray line covers a wide area.
- It guaranteed that the spray would not bleed. Bleeding spray will cause damage to the finished product. If the spray does not flow, it means that the end product will stay clean.
This one comes from Mueller under the name of Mueller Stickum Spray which is an aerosol adhesive spray glue gun. This 113g bottle contains ingredients suitable for repairing football glove and grip. Other than that, the company suggests that the product is the best for bat handles and vaulting poles. The aerosol adhesive on the spray helps to lower the presence of moisture on stick handles, vaulting poles or Football glove. Once you spray the Mueller Stickum spray, it will make the tackiness stay.
The next item is the 3M Super 77 Spray Adhesive 21210 Edition. It is very suitable to prevent or solve moisture because it has a high tackiness once applied to the surface. The other things that admired from this product are its broad coverage and fast-drying features. An extensive coverage and a fast-drying product allow you to shorten the process. The 21210 works on surfaces like foil, fabric, cardboard, and paper. However, it is not recommended to use it on plastic.
This one is a Pro Stick product namely Pro Stick 5023 65 Hi-Strength Spray Adhesive, 17 Ounce in size as a single unit. The product that comes from Pro Stick offers several advantages for customers. Those are:
- Fast tack which means that tacking does not take too much time. Once applied onto the surface, the spray will give tackiness immediately.
- It dries quickly too. The product is up-and-coming because it guarantees that the spray will dry as soon as possible. Moreover, it will also give you a clean result.
- Web spray pattern. It will require you to make a practice shot before applying the spray directly to the targeted surface.
Another good product that comes from Scotch is the 3M Spray Mount Artist’s Adhesive. The product offers some key features that work perfectly for your artwork. One of the attractive elements of it is the ability to mount photos and artwork very quickly, meaning that it can dry faster. This fast-drying feature works to your advantage greatly. Moreover, the product made of unique formula which allows customers to receive a no-bleed spray adhesive. A bleeding multi-purpose spray adhesive may cause rough surface on the finished project. Therefore a non-bleed spray is the one you are looking.
One of the last products on our lists is the 3M Multi-purpose 27 Spray Adhesive. What this product offer might surprise you. The company’s commitment to satisfying customers is no joke. They made this product with a lot of features that match customers’ needs such as its ability to bond papers, cardboard, plastic, foam or fiberglass very quickly. This feature saves your time! Moreover, the product also offers a better coverage to ensure you that the project will end up looking great with everything intact on its place, secured. Its weight is approximately 1 pounds, and the multi-purpose 27 spray adhesive is portable and easy to use because it can fit anywhere. If you are aware of sharp chemical odor that usually comes from an adhesive spray, this product does not have a harsh chemical smell which may be a good sign for your lungs.
1 20oz Can Polymat 777 Aerosol Spray Glue Fast Tack Adhesive for Upholstery, Foam, Speaker Box Carpet, Car Auto Liner and Fabric, Multi-Purpose Adhesive
Here is the final product on our list of good spray adhesive that you need to know. The Polymath 777 is almost similar to its previous competitors regarding key features. Technically, this clear spray adhesive serves similar purposes; however, unlike the previous products, this spray can fulfill the need of customer who wants to use spray adhesive on a wider selection of material such as the professional and Industrial materials.
The highlighted information on this product is that it almost hits up five stars on the review table. The reason why it does do is that the spray dries super fast, so this will certainly save your time since you don’t have to wait for the spray to dry before applying the new one, but you can start quickly and finish the project in no time. Other important features that become the core elements to the product’s marketability are its environmental friendliness (not having CFCs), an excellent temperature resistance which is up to 120 degrees Fahrenheit, no wrinkling, quick tackiness, and fast bond. If the majority of spray adhesive does not work properly with carpeting, this spray is the opposite. It is excellent for carpeting speaker boxes.
Conclusion of the Review
Each of the spray adhesives has its advantage and disadvantage. Each of them may be suitable for particular material and purpose only, while the rest can work with any materials. Therefore, when needing spray adhesive, you need to make sure you know what you are searching. For example, if you need a spray to tack the moisture in your football glove and to strengthen the grip of the bat, then a can of Mueller Stickum Spray will do, but if you need a spray that can bond professional and industrial materials; then the Polymat 777 would highly be recommended. Conclusively, we decided that every product on our list has its purpose and features, but the best spray glue of our choice is the Polymat 777 12oz Aerosol Spray Glue Fast Tack Adhesive simply because it is environmental friendly (no CFCs) and it covers a broad range of materials.