The Modern Quilt Guild is hosting a little link party, so that we can all get to know each other before the big event! I'll admit, I'm a little skeptical of getting to know everyone, as I think there are hundreds if not thousand(s) of people going to be there, but it's always fun to play along!
First, they asked to post a pic of yourself, so here I am... and five things that you may not know about me.
1) Throughout my whole childhood, (K-HS graduation) my parents home schooled me. Whenever I tell people this they are always so shocked as I don't fit whatever home schooled mold they have in their head. I like to think of this as a good thing! ;) But for however much I hated it during those teen years, now looking back I'm so thankful for it.
2) When my husband and I were married seven years ago, we didn't care a lick about furniture and design...my how times have changed! Check out our business, Remnant.
3) I have run 3 half-marathons and one full marathon in Santa Barbara.
4) I quit my secure job teaching fifth grade in Menlo Park, CA to peruse the dream of the 90's in Portland, OR. ;)
5) It was my dream to be like Martha Stewart, growing up my mom and I would watch her orginial show (the good one) everyday. We viewed it as one of my "classes."
I look forward to meeting lots of you at QuiltCon!