- Know about every other book in your same category - read through as many as possible
- Look at reader's comments on Amazon and other sites, so see if they have questions on something that was potentially missed
- When picking a publisher, go with who understand your voice the most. Make sure that they give you time, effort, and attention! Take time to decide if it's a right fit.
- When picking an agent, date them! Know if they can connect you with the right people, and if you can work well with them.
- Know what to expect up front - ask lots of questions!
- Organize your book production - allow extra time for creativity
- Envision your cover early! Show examples of covers you like and don't like
- Growing more now, you as the author need to promote your book!
- Writing a book helps legitimize your name/brand.
For another recap of this seminar, Chronical Books did a storify recap made up of tweets! Click here to check it out. :)