Welcome! My name is Heather Joy. My passion for being creative began earlier than I can remember. I love all things involved with home decor, vintage, fabric, and paper. Through blogging, I hope to inspire you to craft.
Working at collage has its benefits, I get to interact with creative people all day, see new product/ideas, and create fun new projects. I can't take credit for this little project though, it is the brainchild of my talented boss, Maria. I'm just the executer. I've never played around with this Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel. It's really interesting, rather than embossing once, you can emboss over it and the more you layer, the thicker it becomes. It's also clear so that you can paint under/over it and get all different types of effects. We just got these bird wood shapes in, and I've been longing to put a bird on everything!
1) Use an inkpad that works with wood, Versacraft is amazing! (You can even use it on fabric!) Saturate the wood with the ink.
2) Pour the embossing enamel over the wet ink
3) Shake off excess (which can be reused)
4) Melt it with a heat tool
5) The first layer is bumpy - apply a second layer of ink and repeat steps 2 - 4
6) I applied a little bit of contrasting color to make the wings distinguish. In total, I did 3 layers of the embossing enamel.
7) While the enamel is still wet, emboss a word/message into it. Press firmly to get a better impression. Allow 5 minutes to set/dry.
8) Apply bale to the back of your shape with E-6000. This is a great super glue that will last a lifetime.
Attach your favorite chain - I used waxed linen thread and simply tied a bow in the back - and enjoy!
* I need to work on taking photos of myself - excuse the scary eyes! ;) *